Wednesday, August 24, 2016

New Orleans Unique Foods by Z.Collins



       New Orleans Unique Foods

By Z. Collins



    I grew up in New Orleans and I live in New Orleans. A lot of New Orleans is fascinating. Especially their food. If you want great quality food then come to New Orleans. A lot of our food is spread across the country for various reasons. Places like Utah, Alabama,Texas, and many other states. One thing that caused this was Hurricane Katrina. Hurricane Katrina was in the year 2005. Many evacuated because of the dangers of this hurricane. People evacuated to other states with their food which caused some of this. That's how good our food is.

                             Seafood


  Seafood is one of my favorite foods in New Orleans. It's one of the best foods in New Orleans. It's something that New Orleans is famous for. It goes from crabs, craw fish, oysters, mussels, and the list goes on. If you never tried it then I recommended New Orleans to be the first place to try it. 



                           Craw Fish

   Craw fish is Louisiana's state crustacean and one of the well known sea food dishes in New Orleans. In the north it is called cray fish but in the south it is called craw fish. Usually you would see it with corn and potatoes. I grew up eating it with a sauce that my mom likes to make. It's made with ketchup and mayonnaise. There is a fast food restaurant in New Orleans called Raising Cane's but it might be all over the country as well. They have a sauce that they use for chicken tenders that has ketchup, mayonnaise, tobacco sauce/hot sauce, and black pepper in it. It is similar to the sauce that my mom makes for craw fish. If you're good at tasting things then it should be easy to tell ingredients from certain things.


                              Oysters




     Oysters are one of the New Orleans dishes that were brought to other states. Oysters in New Orleans tastes so great. When I was little I haven't had any oysters but I heard of them on the radio, a child book that I read, and other things that might be on T.V. When I first knew about them I did not know that they were in New Orleans. A few months ago or last year was my first time having Oysters. We went to a New Orleans restaurant called "ACME Oyster House." Their oysters are charbroiled with cheese on them. I enjoyed it too.
 
                              Shrimp



     Shrimp is found all over the country but it is not too popular in New Orleans. It tastes good but it's not like any of the other food that you would find in New Orleans. It would be a nice try to taste it in New Orleans if you think that it would taste better than the shrimp that you've had before.





                            Mussels


    Mussels are in the same family as oysters. I haven't had any mussels but I bet that they're just as good as oysters. 


                           Lobsters


     Lobsters are the huger versions of craw fish. They taste and look exactly the same except for the size. It's easier to peal a lobster than a craw fish, especially the claws. A lots of people don't eat craw fish claws but it tastes very good except that it's hard to pull open because it's small. Many people suck craw fish heads but don't know that you can eat the craw fish head. I tried it before and it tastes very sweat but if someone sees someone else doing that then they would think it's weird because it's unusual to do. Lobster are known all over the country.


                               Crab




     Crab is another Louisiana dish that is known all across the country. It is very hard to open to get the meat part out of it. I've been eating it the same amount of time that I've been eating shrimp and craw fish. It tastes ok but it doesn't have a good taste as oysters or craw fish in my opinion.



 More New Orleans dishes will be told in another blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment