Tuesday, July 12, 2016

My Time at the Audubon Aquarium

My Time at the  Audubon      Aquarium
 By Z. Collins

    I live in New Orleans and I've lived all my life in this well known city. It has plenty of fascinating and wondrous exhibits. The Audubon zoo,  aquarium, and the insectarium are my favorite museums in my city. Even though they have exhibits full of living creatures, I think that that it is very astounding to see.
    I've been to the Audubon Aquarium so much that it's uncountable to think of how many times I've been there. My most recent trip there was last school year for a field trip. I don't remember the order that the exhibits are in but I know about each exhibits. I'm just going to give small information for each exhibit.

Entrance
 To enter the aquarium you have to open something called a door. The door is something that you open to get into a place. I don't know the order of the exhibit but once you enter there are two lanes. One lane has a tunnel with fish in a glass tank all around. The other has the tank on the left wall and some kind of thing on the right. I don't know what it's called but it's also on Spongebob and it's Squidward's  house. I think it's called tiki.


Amazon Exhibit


   The Amazon exhibit has aquatic animals. They have the surroundings to look the Amazon. They have tanks with fishes and they even have a tank with a anaconda. There are other aquatic animals too but I can't think of them. There might have a owl too but it might be in the zoo. There is something where you can climb something but I'm not sure.


Mississippi River Gallery
 I don't remember too much about the Mississippi River Gallery but I think I remembered a historical fact about Luis and Clark in their adventure in Louisiana. So it is very educational in the subject of Social Studies. I think it might have some Mississippi River aquatic animals but I'm not sure.



   This exhibit happens to be my favorite. It is a huge tank full of a lot of different fish. It's  like a movie theater too because it has seats and a T.V. with a slideshow of the different fish species and facts. They also have the alligator in its fish form. I always thought that it was always a animal that's on land and changes it's colors every once in a while as shedding old skin. I thought the new skin would be white after shedding and then it would become green after a while. But really it's a fish and once it's out of it's fish form it would become a land animal with white sking then it would become green once it's a adult.




Caribbean Reef Exhibit


   The Caribbean Reef Exhibit is something that I forgot about. It is probably a cage just like the Gulf of Mexico exhibit but I'm not sure. I might've got them mixed up but I haven't been there in a while. But I believe that there is a tank that you can see from multiple places and I think this is the possible one.


Extra Things to Do


Extra Things to Do: Pet Sting Ray Fish, Eat at a Cafe, See Penguins, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment